When are payments due?
Fall term payment is due by August 1st and Spring term payment is due by January 1st. Payments for May and Summer terms are due 10 business days prior to registration.

What if I cannot pay the bill in full by the due date?
It is the responsibility of the student and parents to have a plan for payment before each term's DUE DATE. If the student and parents determine that the full semester balance will be difficult to pay by the term’s due date, there are two other options to consider. One option is to provide documentation by the payment due date that demonstrates arrangements with a third party loan or scholarship provider not yet listed on your statement of account that will pay your semester balance. Another option would be to enroll in a Monthly Payment Plan. This plan can be used for one semester (5 month) or for the entire academic year (10 month) August 1st through May 1st for a small fee.  For more information and to calculate your monthly payment amount, visit:  www.wvwc.edu/offices/studentaccounts/request.php. If there is no plan for payment in place by the term due date, there will be a late payment fee of $100 assigned to the student account.

How do I get a refund on my account?
Refund checks are first issued on the fourth Friday of the fall and spring terms and then ongoing on each Friday to all students who fill out refund requests for their credit balances. Requests for refunds must be made in the Office of Student Accounts by the close of business on Monday in order to be processed during the same week. Refunds are issued to the student unless there is a Parent Plus Loan on the account. During the Parent Plus Loan application process, the parent must select whether a refund is issued to the borrower or the student. We do not process refunds that include balances of "Pending Financial Aid".​

How can I pay on my account?
Students can pay online using a credit card by accessing WebAdvisor through the student portal (my.wvwc.edu). We accept cash, checks, money orders, and all major credits cards. It you would like to make a wire transfer, please contact our office for the routing information.​ ​

Am I required to have medical insurance?
Yes. West Virginia Wesleyan will provide health and counseling services but it is a requirement for ALL students to provide their own medical insurance. Visits to the doctor, nurse practitioner and other professional staff members are free to all students. There will continue to be reasonable or reduced charges for some basic medicines, procedures, and other services. The Health and Counseling Center can provide additional information about our services.

Who receives statements of student accounts and when are they sent?
Students can view their statement of account 24/7 on WebAdvisor through the student portal (my.wvwc.edu). All students receive a statement of account at least one month prior to the semester's beginning date if they have officially enrolled. All students again receive a new statement during the first month of classes during each term. Statements are then only mailed to the preferred mailing address to all students who have a remaining balance due on their account. If the student's financial aid changes, it does NOT prompt a new statement for your account. It is the responsibility of the student to pay any additional amounts that become due or to adjust the Monthly Payment Plan accordingly.

How can I cash checks?
The Student Accounts Office will cash checks made payable to the student that do not exceed $100 per day. A WVWC ID is required.

How do I know if I have a Student Account HOLD on my account and how can I have it lifted so I can register?
Students should log into WebAdvisor at least a week prior to registration to see if they have any holds. Once logged in under, "Academic Profile", you can select "My Holds". If a Student Account Office Hold exists, you have a balance that must be paid prior to registration to avoid waiting in lines to make payment during registration day. 
There is also a red notification area on your main portal page if you have a Student Account hold

Can I charge books to my account?
Students who have a CREDIT on their account can use that credit to purchase books through the first week of the fall and spring semesters with our new online textbook vendor, MBS Direct. Those students with a credit balance will be assigned a voucher number, which will be required to purchase books online.  After the first week, no additional book purchases can be applied to their student account.​ ​

How are returned checks handled?
If a check is returned from the bank for non-sufficient funds (NSF) or any other reason, the student's account will be billed the amount of the check and an additional $30 return check charge. If two checks are returned from the same account, we will no longer accept the checks. If the check was used to pay for registration, the student will have seven (7) days to pay the amount of the check and the returned check fee or the registration will no longer be valid and the student will be withdrawn from school.

I see a change in my tuition status from full-time to part-time or an overload fee, what does this mean?
Students making a schedule adjustment during the add/drop period may be reflected in an increased or a decreased account balance or change their tuition classification. If a student makes a schedule change after the first five days of the fall or spring term or the first 2 days of a summer term there will NOT be a reduction adjustment in tuition charges unless the student officially withdraws from school.

What are other types of charges that I might see on my statement of account?
Instruction course fees, traffic violations, library fines, housing damage fees, Campus Health Center charges as well as late payment fees and others defined in your student handbook. ​

Where do I go if I have additional questions?
The Student Accounts Office is located on the first floor of the Administrative Building.

Mailing Address

West Virginia Wesleyan College
Student Accounts Office
59 College Ave Buckhannon, WV 26201
Phone (Toll Free) 1-800-704-4078
Phone (Local) 1-304-473-8453
Fax 1-304-473-845

Office Hours 8:00AM - 4:00PM (M - F)